I love burgers. Always have. I also love Rueben Sandwiches and I thought the two would be a match made in burger heaven. This was a fun burger to make and a delicious burger to eat!
Where this epic burger creation is my own for #BurgerMonth 2016, I would love to thank Certified Angus Beef, Cowboy Charcoal, Char-broil, Dreamfarm, Cabot Cheese, Grill Master Club, American Lamb Board, and CuttingBoard.com for the kick butt grill prize packages!
May is National Burger Month! Kita from Girl Carnivore has put together a wonderful event full of delicious burgers from 60 of the most talented food bloggers
1 1/4 Angus Beef, or your favorite ground, I used 80/20 Angus
Sliced corned beef, I used a thicker slice from my local deli and I used 2 slices per burger
Swiss cheese slices, I used 2 slices per burger
2 Tablespoons or more Sauerkraut, I used silver Floss Bavarian style (with caraway seeds), drained well*
2 Tablespoons or more per bun Thousand Island Dressing
Pretzel Buns, or your favorite bun, toasted
Before grilling your burger, take your sauerkraut out of the liquid. I find it best to use several paper towels and squeeze the liquid out. The secret to a good Rueben is not to have the bread or bun soggy from the sauerkraut. Set aside.
Prepare meat into patties.
I made 3 burger patties from 1 1/4 pounds of Angus beef. I grilled each burger until my desired choice, medium well. After I flipped the burgers, I topped each patty with 2 thick slices of corned beef, folded to fit on top of each burger. I then placed 2 slices of cheese on each burger patty.
Grill or toast the buns and top each side with thousand island dressing.
To assemble your burger, put burger on top of bottom bun that has thousand island on it. On top of the cheese of the burger, top with sauerkraut and finish with top bun. Enjoy!
- American Lamb Board – (4) ALB prize boxes 5 lbs of ground lamb, an apron and a meat thermometer
- Cabot Cheese – (4) Cabot Cheese Legacy Gift Box – 2 each Farmhouse Reserve, White Oak & Alpine Cheddar – 1 each New York Vintage & Seriously Sharp & 1 Wine Bottle Opener
- Cassabella – Week 3 – 1 Chop ‘N Prep™ Cutting Board with 4 Cutting Mats
- Certified Angus Beef – (4) CAB prize grilling accessory kit, $50 VISA card, and a George Motz Hamburger America cookbook.
- Char-Broil – (4) Char-Broil Performance 780 Charcoal Grill
- Cowboy Charcoal – (4) Hardwood Lump Charcoal, a variety of wood chips and some of Cowboy’s new BBQ sauces.
- Cuttingboard.com – (4) Olive Wood Carver Board
- Dreamfarm – Week 2 – Big Vebo
- Grill Master Club Subscription Grilling Box – (4) curated grill sample boxes
- KitchenIQ -Week 1 – V-etched Container Grater
- Swissmar – Week 4 – Glow 7PC Fondue Set
Please visit the other contributors to Week 2 of Burger Month:
Burger Week 2 Recap~ Visit Girlcarnivore
There’s a new burger being published every day for the month of May! Check them out!
THIS POST IS PART OF THE #BURGERMONTH CELEBRATION HAPPENING ALL MONTH LONG WITH 30 OTHER TALENTED BLOGGERS!! BE SURE TO FOLLOW #BURGERMONTH TO CHECK THEM ALL OUT!